Our Mission: To inspire all girls to be strong, smart and bold!
Our Vision: To be recognized as the premier organization that helps all girls realize their potential and exercise their rights!
Girls Inc. TN Valley | Girls Inc. of Oak Ridge, formerly known as Girls Club, first began in 1976 as girls only sports program. Initiated by strong community advocates, Girls Inc. then quickly grew into an after school, summer camp, break camp and sports program for girls ages 5-18 years old! Girls Inc. opened our campus in Oak Ridge in 2000 and to include a full center for girls, sports fields and more! Girls Inc. has grown to become an integral part of the Anderson, Roane and Knox County communities in this time serving over 850 girls per year. We have successfully and genuinely benefited thousands of girls’ lives throughout the past 37 years!
With a belief in girls’ rights and abilities, Girls Inc. believes:
- Girls have the right to be themselves and resist gender stereotypes
- Girls have the right to express themselves with originality and enthusiasm
- Girls have the right to take risks, to strive freely and to take pride in success
- Girls have the right to accept and appreciate their bodies
- Girls have the right to have confidence in themselves and to be safe in the world
- Girls have the right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence
89% of all dollars raised goes directly into program and curricula activities
Over 20 area schools were represented in programs
100% of all Girls Inc participants remained in school and advanced to the next grade level.
77,891 hours of quality programming were delivered to over 800 girls in 2015.
19,096 hours of academic tutoring were provided through 2015.
Over $70,000 was awarded is need based program scholarships.
Our organization is proud to offer scholarship opportunities.
Over 45% of our participants receive need based scholarships to participate! Scholarships are offered in all Girls Inc. programs!
Through the National Girls Inc. Scholars Program, eighth grade and high school students who have participated and geniuinely benefited from Girls Inc programs can apply for scholarship to apply towards their high education needs!